If you’ve been driving around in Apex, chances are you’ve seen some billboards advertising companies that buy houses.
Often times they say things like “We Buy Apex Houses!” or “Cash For Your House”.
Are These “We Buy Houses in Apex Companies” Credible?
How do I know if the local house buying companies out there are honest and credible?
Well… sometimes they all look the same at the start… but below we’ll walk you through some things to look for in a local house buying company before you should work with them.
Buying and selling houses is a valid and respectable profession that can help communities and house sellers in many ways. But just like any other line of work – a minority of house buyers in any market are the ones who make the rest of us look bad.
There are people who are really great, ethical folks who improve their neighborhoods one property at a time.
And then there’s shady, dishonest people who put money ahead of the well being of their clients. Yes, they are out there.
We’ll help you avoid these “shady house buyers” so you can work with honest, ethical, and reputable local companies who can buy your house for a fair all cash offer and close on your schedule.
But let’s not focus on the negative – at least not yet.
First, let’s cover exactly what the best house buyers and investors are doing.
What Reputable Apex House Buyers Are Doing
- Helping folks improve their lives by accessing the money they need right away. People often need the cash in their house to cover unexpected medical expenses, or to relocate to be close to a relative. We can make that happen in just a few weeks, and we deliver peace of mind.
- Helping sellers get rid of a burdensome property without the hassle of having to list it with a broker and wait months and month for a sale.
- Provide housing for Apex families. When investors improve a house, they’re helping to increase the value of the entire community. House flippers often repair abandoned and neglected houses, turning them into beautiful homes for families. That activity strengthens Apex, improving our neighborhoods.
- Contributing to the local economy. Investors hire plumbers, contractors, electricians, brokers, title reps, loan officers, administrators and many other folks along the way. House flippers spend tons of money on materials that are made right here in the USA – that creates jobs in our timber mills, factories, supply shops, distribution centers and more. The average real estate transaction involves 86 people from start to finish. Investments help create real jobs for people around Apex NC.
Pretty cool stuff, right?
Lots of people think of house-flipping as a get-rich-quick scheme. That’s fueled by silly “reality” shows that amp up the drama because the reality of what house buyers do on a daily basis is actually pretty boring.
Most of the work is coordinating with lots of people to make sure things are happening on time – keeping track of lots of moving parts.
So let’s get back to how you can use this information to find out if someone is a credible investor, and not just pulling a house buying scam.
How To Ensure You’re Working With A Reputable Local House Buyer
When you talk with a local house buyer to potentially buy your house… ask them some of the questions below to ensure they’re reputable, knowledgeable, and honest.
Ask open-ended questions like:
- How do you help your clients?
- What do you do for people?
- Can you tell me more about your services?
- What aspect of your business makes you the proudest?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
- How can I know that you’ll close on my house when you say you will?
Second, look for tell tale signs of tactics that those few shady operators tend to use.
- “Kitchen table closings” – If a property buyer tries to get you to sign the deed (ownership) of your house over to them at your house, rather than a professional place like a closing attorney or title company… be leery. Most reputable house buying services will perform the actual closing of the sale at a neutral 3rd party place… like a title company. This ensures everything is done right and on the up and up.
- Pressuring you into a fast closing – If a house buyer tries to pressure you into selling your house and says that you have to make the decision today, be leery. Most reputable house buying services will make you an offer and that offer will be on the table for a few days for you to make a decision. The reason reputable house buying services like ours at Jason Bentley Real Estate Solutions do place deadlines on our offers is because the market changes and values can change week to week depending on other sales in the area. Also, we buy multiple houses, and if you feel our offer isn’t a fit for you, then we’ll assign our funds to help another seller with their home sale.
Most scammers are looking for a quick score, and not an in-depth interview.
Chances are good that they’ll find excuses to get off the phone and move on to someone who doesn’t ask too many questions.
True investors who run honest and ethical Apex house buying services, however, are building long-term businesses based on relationships and community development.
So when you’re looking at one of the “we buy houses in Apex companies“… never be afraid to ask questions!